Saturday, May 24, 2008

My First Outing







Hey everyone! I just got back from walking around the city all day. I met some of my classmates, and it seems like it's gonna be a great bunch. The Metro subway here is pretty awesome, and I'm fairly certain I won't get stabbed and robbed. We went to the Parque de Madrid, which is apparently one of the most famous city parks in the world. It's huge, and we only walked through a portion of it. We then went to the Prado Museum (which is also a huge deal) for about half an hour, but I'm gonna go back on my own pretty soon and take a day to tour the place, it's HUGE. Most of the other kiddos went back to the dorms to catch up w/ their jetlag, but a new buddy and I went to get some food. We decided to explore some Spanish cuisine by getting hamburgers and beer. I was very impressed by the Spanish taste in food. But now we're shakin' everyone up and out of bed and gettin' ready to head to the clubs in a couple hours. More to come soon!
BRV

No comments: